cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in BEX10/Ralus ?

Koenraad_Lelong
Level 4
Hi,
I'm running Ralus on a Suse machine. This is a Samba-server, and hosts our files. When a backup-job finds file-names with non-ASCII letters (é,µ, ë, etc) it gives an error "Access denied to directory", and the rest of the files in the directory are not backed up.
How can I avoid this ? Is this a configuration error or a bug ?
While investigating this, the Win2K machine crashed totally, two times already today. This is a production machine, running critical other services, so you can imagine I'm really pissed.
TIA
3 REPLIES 3

Koenraad_Lelong
Level 4
I just saw that those non-ASCII letters don't display well. I gave examples such as e-accent-egu, greek letter mu, e-umlaut.

Koenraad_Lelong
Level 4
I don't know what's happening, but today I realised that there is another job that uses the same selection, and does not generate errors on files with those letters.
Were do I look ?
TIA

Chaitanya_Khurj
Level 6
Hello Koenraad,

Make sure that the directory on which you get access denied exists

If this does not exist, edit the selection list by selecting the text Format and remove the entry to the specific directory which no more exists.

OR, simply create a new job and see if you get the same error.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived