cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS Push Install fails

Eric_Sterner
Level 3
I installed BEWS 10d & CPS on a Win2003R2 server and am trying to push install the CPS agent to a Win2000 non DC server. When I select the server it shows a red x over the icon. When I backup and try the name of the server, an error box pops up stating "No network provider accepted the given network path." I also tried the IP address. I have successfully pushed the agent on 2 other non DC Win2000 servers and have no problems with CPS backup jobs. The add/remove programs on the 2k box giving the problem shows the Symantec remote agent with the correct version and I can select it for a backup job, but I want to be able to use CPS. I can log on to the server using domain admin acct and domain admins is added to the local admin group. There is no AV installed on the problem server.

I'm stumped... It worked on all other Win2000 & Win2k3 boxes no problem. Anybody have any ideas on what to try next?

Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

Eric_Sterner
Level 3
Anyone??

STeve_O
Level 5
Have you tried pinging the server by name?
Sound like you have a network or DNS issue.

Try installing the CPA agent manually

Eric_Sterner
Level 3
Thanks for the reply.

I was able to push the Backup Exec agent to the server in question with no problem. I am able to ping it as well. I have not tried installing the CPS agent manually. Where can I find the CPS agent?

Thanks again.

Eric_Sterner
Level 3
Where can I find the CPS agent to do a manual install?

Thanks.

Freddie_2
Level 3
I have the sam problem. How do I install the CPA manualy?

Best regards
Freddie