cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Jobs Pending

Not applicable
Hello,
I am running Back Up Exec 9.1 (for windows server) on a Windows 2003 server. Somehow the application got corrupted (I get this message: "This application has failed to start because ANSAPI.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." ) However, when I try to run repair to repair Back Up Exec., the repair process keeps telling me that there are active jobs that needed to be cancelled first. I also have Back Up Exec administrator installed on my station and when I check the server, it shows three active jobs. I canceled the jobs, but the cancel is pending for almost a week. I checked Services and the Back Up Exec intelligent services shows "stopping" (I can not manually start or stop it)So now I am stuck, I can not cancel the jobs (because they are pending) and I can not run repair. I can not even uninstall Back Up Exec. Please advise.

Thanks for your assistance.
4 REPLIES 4

Level 2
A few things,

If you can reboot your server this usually clears any active jobs stuck. But if you have no backup of this server this may not be a good idea. have you also tried stopping the job engine service and starting it again as this will stop any active jobs as well. But would definately make copy of any data on this server before you play with this too much as if it goes wrong you can lose all.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If you have the Resource Kit, you can use the KILL utility

or go to http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/pskill.shtml and grab the freeware version from SysInternals

Make sure that you remove any tapes that are mounted before re-starting the services

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

The repair process will stop all the services and then reapir the database before restrting them.
To resolve the cancel pending you may recycle the services if that does not work rebooting the server will help as mentioned earlier.

The issue has been resolved in the revision 4691 for so you may apply the revision from the related documents section of the followiong document:
Title :Release Notes for VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers revision 4691
http://support.veritas.com/docs/258104

"NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived."

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply