cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Backup Exchange 2003 Mailbox Access denied to Directory "."

Jaguar
Not applicable
I cannot Backup Exchange 2003 Mailbox Access denied to Directory "." and Access is denied to Remote Agent. But now i already setup user that run backup is Local Admin for Exchange Server and Backup Operator. When i test run at Exec 11d is ok. when i run backup now is error access denied again.
1 REPLY 1

Christiane_Pete
Level 4
Employee
Hi Jaguar,

Please make sure the account used to backup Exchange mailboxes has the following:

1.  Member of Domain Admin (if a member of Domain Users - please remove it from this group)
2.  Has an Exchange Role of "Full Exchange Administrator" (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/269946.htm)
3.  Has a Non-hidden (can be seen in Global Address List), active (has received and sent messages) and unique mailbox (unique mailbox = first 5 letters have to be unique)

Once you have done the above, make sure this account is selected to be used when backing up Exchange mailboxes (Job Properties | Resource Credentials).

Remember - in Backup Exec for Windows Servers v11d, you only need to backup Microsoft Exchange Information Store, as you can now restore individual mailmessages/boxes from this Information Store backup, if you have "Enable restore of individual mail messages and folders from information Store backup" selected.

Hopefully, the above will enable you a successful backup of Exchange.

Regards,

Christiane