cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Cluster BackupExec: No suitable drive found

Christian_Reich
Level 3

2 IBM HS22 Bladeserver, Windows 2012 R2 with all patches, clustered with 2 cluster shared volumes (from SAN), installed backupExec 15 (calls itself "14.2") on each node, LiveUpdated FeaturePack 3.

Starting on active node the assistant - can not click on "ahead", because no suitable drive for the programm-data of BE could be found.

Clicking on "change" gives a nearly unfunctional dialog-window where I just can add a path manually. This path is existant on the CSV and is active on that node and the BE-service account hast full access to it.

But always get the error-window (free translated from my german edition):

"The drive for BE programm files must be accesible via this cluster node. It must be also usable for every cluster node together. please recheck the path and try again".

So I am stuck right here.

(I have another BE-cluster in this enviroment, installed in exactly the same way but with Windows 2008R2 and BENT 2013) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Christian_Reich
Level 3

I found out by myself:

One cannot create a BE-Cluster by itself - one has to create a fileserver-role in windows failoverclustermanagement tool, first.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

In your other, working environment is it using CSV or more tradional cluster technologies as that might be the reason for it not being accepted?

Christian_Reich
Level 3

The other enviroment is 1:1 - except Windows 2008 R2 and BENT 2013:

2x IBM HS22, same SAN, same storage-enclosure, same Qlogic HBA, same MPIO-driver-level, CSV for BENT programmfiles and another CSV for Quorum.

It is up and running since 2010.

Christian_Reich
Level 3

I found out by myself:

One cannot create a BE-Cluster by itself - one has to create a fileserver-role in windows failoverclustermanagement tool, first.