cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Restore from Backup-To-Disk

Travis_Rabe
Level 3
I have seen numerous posts relating to this issue, but no solutions.

I run a backup. I trye to doa restore. The Jobs goes to "queued" and stay there. The Event Log shows:

An error occurred while processing a B2D command.
Changer: Couldn't ReadFMTables/RecoverBKF (E:\Backups\Monday\B2D000116.bkf). Error=32

I have run restores before and enver any problems. I am not sure what to do, but I need to do a restore!!!

Any help would be great!
6 REPLIES 6

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
HI,

Is the backup to disk folder on a removable hard disk?

If yes, have you configured a removable backup to disk folder?

The error occurs if the folder has been deleted, moved, unshared or the mapped drive containing the Backup Folder has been disconnected. This can also happen if the folder has become inaccessible for any other reason, for
example if the disk is in a full state and is offline.

1. Ensure that there are no Network connectivity related issues.
2. Ensure that there is no other third party application like Antivirus running. If so stop the Antivirus.
3. Ensure that the hard disk is free of any errors, perform scandisk or defragment it.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Message was edited by:
Asma Tamboli

Travis_Rabe
Level 3
The Backup-To-Disk foldcer is on the local computer that the backups are running on.

The folder has been created since the beginning and has never been moved or deleted.

Corp Symantec AV has been stopped and I still get the same error.

Diskeeper runs on the server as Smart Scheduling and after an analysis still shows that it is defragmented as muich as it can get. A reboot with with chkdsk e: /f runs, but finds no errors.

Please anyone else!!???

Travis_Rabe
Level 3
I will also add that the backups keep running just fine....just not a restore.

Travis_Rabe
Level 3
And lastly, the free disk space on the backup to disk partition is 25GB out of 40GB.

Travis_Rabe
Level 3
I got this to work by running the restorea t the computer.

if I try to run the restore through remote desktop connection it goes to queued. Anyone know how I can get around this?

Travis

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems the local restore runs well, but the one through remote desktop gets queued. Check the connectivity to and from the remote desktop. It could be that there are some network issues between the remote desktop that are causing the job to go queued.

Hope this helps.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.