cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot add licensing details or Add an Exchange server

lokinc
Level 2

Hi

I'm running Backup Exec 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2. It was installed with BE 2010, which I upgraded to 2012.

My problem, I have an Exchange 2010 server that I want to backup, when I add the server is says that it completed successfully but the server is not added to my list of servers. The only server in there is the local server.

If I look at the event viewer I find the following:

DataAccessLayer SetException:
Exception: [ResourceContainer_Save]: Insert ResourceContainer caught an error: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.ResourceContainer' with unique index 'IX_ConnectionName'.
Sql Command: 
CommandType=StoredProcedure CommandText = [ResourceContainer_Save] 
Parameter: @ResourceContainerID=b9bbc309-6d75-4d0f-a549-b04d13afb27c
Parameter: @InternalName=\\MERCURY.company.com
Parameter: @UserDefinedName=MERCURY.company.com
Parameter: @ResourceType=16777216
Parameter: @BEResourceInstalled=0
Parameter: @BEResourceProtected=0
Parameter: @Description=
Parameter: @OSVersionInfo=
Parameter: @BEVersionInfo=
Parameter: @Flags=2359304
Parameter: @LoginAccountID=10011001-1001-1001-0101-010101010101
Parameter: @RETURN_VALUE=1
Parameter: @xmlProperty=<ResourceContainer><DSSS ResourceType="2" ResourceSubType="3" OSID="127" OSVersion="0" Flags="15" ResourceName="\\MERCURY.company.com" RestoreResourceName="\\MERCURY.company.com"/></ResourceContainer>
7 REPLIES 7

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to the BE installation directory and use BEUtility to repair the BEDB.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

Do you already have the Angent for Exchange license installed on your Backup Exec media server?

lokinc
Level 2

@pkh - I've tried the repair earlier. Hasn't made a difference.

@SuperBrain - I've got the licensing installed but it looks like, when I click to install Agents it just sits doing nothing. I see the process _Setup.exe running but nothing comes up. If I click 'Install Agents and Backup Exec Servers on Other Servers' it says another instance is already running but I see no other instance.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You may be experiencing this issue ~ http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH186464

Pls ensure BE is fully updated with all updates.

Lastly, try running a repair of Backup Exec via Add/Remove programs.

SuperBrain
Employee Accredited

From what you mentioned above, i assume that the Exachange Agent license is installed on the media server but it doesnt allow you to install the Agent for Windows on your Exchange server.

Is Agent for Windows installed on your Exchange server? check to see if the Remote agent services is present and running on your Exchange server.

If its not present, Have you tried manually installing the Agent for Windows? http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH179142

lokinc
Level 2

I've run the live update a few days ago and checked again now, it's on service pack 1.

I managed to run the repair from Add/Remove programs but now I need to reboot the server which I can't do until end of business today, given that it is a server that the staff access.

Also when I clicked on the change button in Add/Remove programs it took a total of 30 minutes for anything to open.

This is an actual Dell server with 8 cores and 16GB RAM so performance is not an issue. It makes no sense that it would take all of 30 minutes for something to actually open.

lokinc
Level 2

"From what you mentioned above, i assume that the Exachange Agent license is installed on the media server but it doesnt allow you to install the Agent for Windows on your Exchange server.

Is Agent for Windows installed on your Exchange server? check to see if the Remote agent services is present and running on your Exchange server."

The Agent is installed on the target server. The remote agent shows up next to the clock.

I wont be able to try anything else today until the server is rebooted tonight.