Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot be able to stop from Task Manager and Services.msc

vamsivaddi
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello,

I am facing a same issue with RAWS service on Media Server.

But i cannot be able to stop this service from Services.msc and Task manager.

The service remains to be in stopping state i am not getting stop option from service properties from services.msc.

What might be the issue?

Your help will be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi vamsivaddi,

A server restart will normally sort this out. But, I'd also suggest stopping your AV and seeing if this makes any sort of difference to stopping the service. You should also check and make sure that your AV isn't scanning the beremote.exe service on the affected server.

If this fails, do a search for tlist.exe and kill.exe on Google. Download both. Run tlist.exe from a command prompt, and check for the PID for the service you want to kill. Once you have it, run kill.exe with the PID and kill the service.

If this still fails, restart the server...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi vamsivaddi,

A server restart will normally sort this out. But, I'd also suggest stopping your AV and seeing if this makes any sort of difference to stopping the service. You should also check and make sure that your AV isn't scanning the beremote.exe service on the affected server.

If this fails, do a search for tlist.exe and kill.exe on Google. Download both. Run tlist.exe from a command prompt, and check for the PID for the service you want to kill. Once you have it, run kill.exe with the PID and kill the service.

If this still fails, restart the server...

Thanks!

Manjunath_Rajan
Level 4
Certified

This clearly indicates that services are might hung...Bounce the server to fix this issue....or if you kill.exe tool use that kill the PID.