cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change temporary location for log files - Exchange restore

hayball
Level 2

Using BE 2010 R3, I am trying to restore a mailbox folder and need to change the temporary location for log files under the Microsoft Exchange restore options, but when the restore job runs, it is always placing the log files into C:\temp even though I have specified another path.

I have tried numerous times, different paths (both local and UNC) and restarted the BE services - but to no avail - whenever the job runs, it places the log files into C:\temp and invariably the job fails due to lack of disk space.

Any assistance much appreciated!

Thanks

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Matt,

This is done under: Tools --> Options --> Microsoft Exchange. You need to change this temp directory to a location with the equivalent amount of free space as your Information Store is big.

Otherwise look at staging to disk as per the TN below:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Thanks!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I am not sure where you are setting the path to the different location.

The right place to change the path for staging is in the restore job properties go to SETTINGS>>ADVANCED.... in this ADVANCED settings on the right you will see the option to change the staging path.

Thanks,

-Sush...

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Matt,

This is done under: Tools --> Options --> Microsoft Exchange. You need to change this temp directory to a location with the equivalent amount of free space as your Information Store is big.

Otherwise look at staging to disk as per the TN below:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/restoring-exchange-or-individual-mailboxesitems-using-backup-exec-howto

Thanks!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Just an add-on

If you specified the staging location from Tools - Options - MS Exchange, do create a new restore job as the change would not reflect on existing jobs...

hayball
Level 2

Thanks for your suggestions. I took CraigV's advice and created and image to disk and then restored from there, as it does not require the log files to be staged doing it this way. A workaround of sorts as I still could not change the path of the temp directory!

Regards

Matt