cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot see mailstores in selection list for Exchange

ILMWC
Level 2
Hello,

I have been incorrectly backing up my Exchange 2003 server cluster.  In the selection list for the remote virtual Exchange server, I can see the mapped drives, but I cannot see the mailstores.  The backups of the mapped drives on the remote Exchange server have been successful.

I have verifed the Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server is installed on the backup server.

After reviewing documents 266074 and 23981, I have set the restrictanonymous registry value to 1 on the backup server.  The restrictanonymous registry value is set to 0 on both servers in our Exchange cluster.

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to be able to select the mailstores on the remote Exchange selection list?

Backup Exec 10d is running on Windows Server 2003 SP1.
Exchange 2003 is running on Windows Server 2003 SP1.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

boomer
Level 3
I have the same problem with same setup---
Backup Exec 10d is running on Windows Server 2003 SP1.
Exchange 2003 is running on Windows Server 2003 SP1.

My backups used to work but all of a sudden I get failure messages of "unable to attach to resource" and the stores have disappeared from the selection list. 10d SP3 client has been loaded several times with cluster reboots. I have made no registry changes to either server and I'm told no MS patches have been run recently.
I hope someone jumps in with an answer soon because this server contains very, very important clients and I hate using NTBackup!!

Thanks!!

Message Edited by boomer on 06-08-200701:05 PM