cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot select "Agent-Based" Backup

alman7005
Level 2

I've version of Backup Exec 16 with the updates on Windows 2012.

On the first run a message appeared to choose the method of the Backup. I selected the recommented "Virtual based" but I canceled since it took a very long time.

Now I want to select the agent based but it's no more showing. it looks like the virtual-based method is the default.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Have you tried to remove the agent off the VM in question and then add it back again?

In fact.. no but i installed the agent on other VM and tested. It shows the same result.

To backup a VM using the Agent for Windows (not as a VM) find the name of the machine in the Backup and Restore page, just like you would a physical machine.

If you wish to back up the VM as a VM then select the Host that's hosting the VM and select the VM that way.

Unfortunatly, not possible to use agent-based backup anymore.

I'm going to reinstall the prog. if some one has a solution he can also share it here.

Thanks

@DarthBilly wrote:

To backup a VM using the Agent for Windows (not as a VM) find the name of the machine in the Backup and Restore page, just like you would a physical machine.

If you wish to back up the VM as a VM then select the Host that's hosting the VM and select the VM that way.

Attaching a screen shot of how to select VMs vs Agents :)