cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot view or restore individual mailbox successfully backed up on Tape

Sandeep_Sawant
Level 4
Hi All,

I had installed Backup Exec 11d (Rev. 7170) with SP1 on Windows 2003 Server with SP1 and remote agent on Exchange 2003 Server with SP2. After the successfull backup of Information Store on Disk (with GRT enable) i am able to view and restore Individual  mailbox, but if the same backup is fired on tape (backup is completing successfully) i am not  to view and restore individual mailboxes (as individual mailbox are not seen under mailbox store in restore option).

Note: All services on my backup server (Except remote agent service) are running with domain admin account.
          whereas the remote agent service on exchange server is running with user account having full    administrator rights on Exchange organisation and a member of local administrator group of exchange server. 

Regards,

Sandeep
2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Sandeep,

My first suggestion would be to change the logon as on the remote agent for the Exchange server to Local System.  We do not recommend running this as a user account as most times it does not have all the necessary permissions we are looking for.

Sandeep_Sawant
Level 4
Hi Ben,

How can changing the Service logon account will solve my problem?

Regards,

Sandeep