cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restoring from a tape that was moved to "Backup Exec Archive Media"

jkeeper
Level 2
I'm running BE 9.0 on Server 2003.  I need to restore some data from June that is on an LTO tape.  The media was moved from a Media set to the Backup Exec Archive Media.  It will inventory the way it should, but when I run a catalog on it, the job shows successful, but it shows a 0 byte count.  I moved the tape back into a regular media set and tried to catalog again, but nothing ever shows up. 
No write protect on the tape.

I just tried to catalog a different set of tapes, which were never moved to the Backup Exec Archive Media set.  But, it still cataloged 0 bytes, even though the jobs shows "sucessful"

Can anyone give me some insight into fixing the problem, please?

I did put server 2003 sp2 on that server last week.
1 REPLY 1

jkeeper
Level 2
I found what I needed to know in an older thread.  What I had to do is delete the catalog files that already existed for those tapes.  XML files in \Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\Data contained the GUIDs for those tapes (the xml files had the date stamp of the date and time that I tried the catalog).  \Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\Catalogs contains the catalog files with those GUIDs.  They were only 1 kB in size.  Opened with notepad and verified that they were the correct files, then deleted them.

The other option is to simply rename the Catalogs directory, then run the catalog job again.  Just save the old catalog files for all of the other tapes so THEY don't have to be catalogued again.