cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog 00009 -- The job failed with the following error: The software trial period has expired.

Jeet_S
Level 3

Good Evening Folks,

We are running BE 2012 v14.0. In the last two weeks all backup jobs have failed with the following error -

V-79-57344-33230 - Cannot run job. The trial period has expired.

This morning my boss applied licensing to it and advised it should be ok. I logged onto the server and tried to run a catalog on a backup tape. This failed with the following error -

Catalog 00010 -- The job failed with the following error: The software trial period has expired.

It is now down to me to work out why this is the case despite an appropriate license being applied. I have gone into Installation and Licensing > Install Options and Licenses on this Backup Exec Server and can see the following -

• Serial number:XXXXXXXXXXX       Product Name: Agent for Windows                              Quantity: 5    End Date: N/A
  • Serial number:XXXXXXXXXXX       Product Name: Agent for Windows                              Quantity: 6    End Date: N/A
  • Serial number:XXXXXXXXXXX       Product Name: (Maintenance) Backup Exec 2012      Quantity: 6    End Date: N/A

Am I missing something? Any help and advice would be very much appreciated.

PS. Yes we have restarted the server after applying the license, but this made no difference.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

It seems you are missing with the core product license.

Serial number:XXXXXXXXXXX       Product Name: (Maintenance) Backup Exec 2012

Above is the maintenance license and not the product license. 

Contact Symantec Lincesing Team to obtain a product license for BE2012

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO42310

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

It seems you are missing with the core product license.

Serial number:XXXXXXXXXXX       Product Name: (Maintenance) Backup Exec 2012

Above is the maintenance license and not the product license. 

Contact Symantec Lincesing Team to obtain a product license for BE2012

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO42310

Jeet_S
Level 3

Hi Amol,

Many thanks for your post. My boss managed to sort this as it was due to a license update. Once we updated our licenses and then applied the updated serial number, the core product license appeared and it began a download for some updated files.