cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Tape

Stephen_Graham_
Level 3
I've recently upgraded our Backup Exec software to version 11d from 10d and am now trying to catalog a tape I used a while ago with version 10d but when I try and catalog it with version 11d it gives me the following error message:

'CatalogNot enough free disk space for temporary catalog files.
V-79-57344-34009 - There was an error processing the on tape catalogs.'

The location of the catalog files is on the F:\ and it has 99gb free so I can't imagine it is out of space. I've made sure that the backup exec admin account has full access to the catalog drive etc which it does so it shouldn't be a problem.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Bj_rn_Halstad
Level 4
Employee
how about free space on the system drive?

Stephen_Graham_
Level 3
The system drive has 25gb free. The backup that is on the tape I want to catalog is about 250gb worth of data, not sure if that is a problem...although there are other catalogs on the system already for backups of that amount of data so I wouldn't think that would be a problem...or would it?

Stephen_Graham_
Level 3
Does anyone else have any ideas on this particular problem? I still haven't been able to resolve this.

Stephen_March_2
Level 3
When I tried Restoring a Exchange mail box, 11D needed to create a temporary restore folder matching the size of my information store. If the same applies to you, you may need 250GB of space on your media server.

The Location can be set under Tools, options, Restore and path
See how you go
Stephen

Bin_Fang_2
Level 4
There are known issues with upgrading BE from 10d to 11d. Your issue looks like related to the upgrade. You might need to remove all the jobs, policies, and selection lists from the 10d configuration then recreate them. There is some related discussion on the issue at this thread:

http://forums.symantec.com/discussions/thread.jspa?threadID=72413&tstart=0

Stephen_Graham_
Level 3
Thanks for your replies....

Just in relation to the last two posts, I have since increased the disk space for where the catalog files are being kept to 270GB free space which as far as I'm concerned should be more than enough to create a catalog for a 250gb backup.

Also, when I installed Backup Exec 11d I did so after first uninstalling 10d and removing all previous info so it was a fresh install. Do I still need to delete all scheduled items, polices etc?

I have since tried cataloging again since increasing disk space and I am still getting the same error. Any further help with this would be appreciated as it is becoming quite annoying that it is not working correctly.

I must say on that note that since changing to Backup Exec 11d I have had nothing but problems...I am not overly impressed with it at this stage.

Stephen_Graham_
Level 3
Just to let you all know, I have now resolved this particular problem. What fixed the problem was the fix outlined in the following technote:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/280822.htm

Thanks to everyone for their input on this problem.