cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog job taking way too long

TemComo
Level 2

Hi Guys,

My issue is, I need to restore a file but after I run the inventory (which seems to be working fine) then I go to the tape and I try to catalog that tape but its not working, its taking ages, on my last attempt it took almost 20 hours then I cancelled the job, the catalog job just keeps running without count the bytes, there is no increase of the Bytes at all (The Byte Count is is showing as None). The backup jobs Daily, weekly and monthly are working fine, but for some reason the catalog job is not working. I'm using Backup Exec 2010 R2 over Windows server 2008 R2.

I would appreciate it if someone could help me with that. I will keep searching what is that and I will post when I eventually sort this problem.

Thank You in Advance for your help.

3 REPLIES 3

TemComo
Level 2

Job status showing as queued...

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

Catalog jobs do not show a byte count while they are running.  Yes, they can take a long time to run, depending upon the size of the tape, size of the backup, etc.

At some point, I would certainly suggest upgrading to 2010R3 and all the patches.

TemComo
Level 2

Thank you for your reply Larry, but the Catalog job is way too long (20 hours), and my Backup size is around 600GB, however I will try to update the server to 2010R3 at some stage.

Thanks again.