cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog not showing all data.

CameronJReed
Level 3
Backup 11d rev 7170
I am backing up some files from a local HDD and a few SQL 2000 databases.
When I run the backup it shows in the job log that the files and databases were both backed up successfully.
When I look in the restore tab for this media it shows the files and the databases.  To test the integrity of the data on the tape I deleted the catalog from the restore tab and then ran another inventory and catalog on the tape.
When I go in the restore tab now it only shows one of the two component of the backup (either file OR SQL databases) but not both.
In the properties of the backup job there is a resource priority.  It shows that the local drive and SQL are being backed up.
When the tape is cataloged it is only showing the SECOND item in the resource priority.

What is going on?  Please help
6 REPLIES 6

CameronJReed
Level 3
BUMP

Any word on this, please

Simon_Mason
Level 3
I think I have a similar problem.  I have a directory on a specific volume that I have been backing up for some time now.  I recently moved the volume to another server and then continued to back it up.  I am now trying to do a restore and the backups (incremental) that were made since I moved the volume to the new server are showing none when I open them in resource view.  However, when checking the log I see that it successfully backed up this directory.  Is it because I ran the full backup on the old volume and then have only run incremental backups since moving the volume to a new server?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Silly question first

You are sure that both jobs ran to the same tape, and only to the one tape?

Almost sounds like the second job is overwriting the first. 

Is the first job OVERWRITE and the second job APPEND? 
Do both jobs specify the same media set?
What is the Global Overwrite setting Full\Partial\None?

Simon_Mason
Level 3
Apparently not so silly!  I checked and the job is set up as incremental/overwrite.  That was dumb.  The weird thing is that on the old volume I have incrementals - so I must have switched it from append to overwrite when I moved to the new volume.

CameronJReed
Level 3
You are sure that both jobs ran to the same tape, and only to the one tape?
 Yes, absolutely.

Almost sounds like the second job is overwriting the first. 
I am only running one job.  It shows the local drive and the sql databases one the restore tab immediately after the backup completes, but to ensure that the data is good I delete the catalog data in the restore tab and then run a new inventory and catalog on the tape.  Only the SECOND item in the resource priority list shows after this catalog.

Is the first job OVERWRITE and the second job APPEND?
No. Only running one job.

Do both jobs specify the same media set?
I am not running two jobs.

What is the Global Overwrite setting Full\Partial\None?
Where is this located???

CameronJReed
Level 3
I still need a solution to this issue, please and thank you.