cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog problem

JRV
Level 4
BEWS 11D 7170 SP2 on WS2003 EE R2 SP2. Backup destination is a B2D drive pool.

Occasionally, backups fail with this message:
The query for media sequence number 216 of this media family was unsuccessful. Ensure that all media in the family have been inventoried and cataloged.

I successfully inventoried all B2D drives and recataloged the media involved. 2 of the media failed to catalog--

B2D000016 catalog fails with this error:

The job failed with the following error: The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation.

B2D000030 catalog fails with this error:

The job failed with the following error: There was an error processing the on tape catalogs.

In the Job Log:

Loading media-based catalog set list from the storage media.

Not enough free disk space for temporary catalog files.

V-79-57344-34009 - There was an error processing the on tape catalogs.

An error was encountered while attempting to read the Media Based Catalog's Set Map data.

Attempting to catalog the media by reading the data area of each backup set.

The media for sequence number 1 in this media family has not been inventoried.

No sets on this media may be cataloged.

The media for sequence number 2 in this media family has not been inventoried.

No sets on this media may be cataloged. (repeated for all media included in the catalog entry)

The catalog disk has 5.43 GB free, and BEWS account has Full Control permissions on the Catalog folder (and all disks on all drives).

I also tried this on both media: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/280822.htm. The catalog failed again (as the article said it would), but data is available for selection from these media.

Does that mean that next time these media are used there will be no further problems? If not, how do I recover?

And a related question...if the catalogs will continue to be corrupted, if the simplest way to recover is just delete these media and perform the backup again that included them, please let me know.

0 REPLIES 0