cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog "No backup sets found" but last back was successful

Paul_Dunlevy
Level 2
Hi,

I've been trying to restore the data from BE9.1 (installed on a Dell PowerEdge with Powervault 122T autoloader) to a remote server (Remote agent installed) after rebuilding it due to a crash. The last backup log shows a successful backup but when I went to restore I got errors. I've run a catalog on the tape and it claim there are no backup sets found. I've compared the Device & Media Info in the logs and it looks like the same tape to me (see below). The last backup and the crash were only days apart and no other backup jobs are assigned to that media. I've tried clearing the "use storage media-based catalog" checkbox and renamed the Catalog folder to Catalog.old before running the catalog job, but it still insists there's no set on the tape.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm looking at a long night ahead and I don't even want to thing about tomorrow morning if the data isn't recoverable!

Any help would be very much appreciated, I'm stumped!
Thanks,
Paul.

LOG DATA:
Device & Media Info from Backup job log:
-------------------------------------
Robotic Library Name: DLT Autoloader
Drive Name: DLT Drive
Slot: 8
Media Label: DLT0005
Media GUID: {E99F3886-B43E-479F-882B-4E60FC1D3542}
Overwrite Protected Until: 31/12/9999 00:00:00
Appendable Until: 31/12/9999 00:00:00

Device Media Info from Catalog job log on:
----------------------------------------
Robotic Library Name: DLT Autoloader
Drive Name: DLT Drive
Slot: 8
Media Label: DLT0005
Media GUID: {E99F3886-B43E-479F-882B-4E60FC1D3542}
Overwrite Protected Until: 31/12/9999 00:00:00
Appendable Until: 31/12/9999 00:00:00
3 REPLIES 3

Milouse
Level 4
Employee Accredited
Paul,

What exact error message do you get in the job log (not history)? Did yo uinventory the tape before running the catalog? Is your backup spanned on multiple tapes? If so, make sure you catalog the tapes in the correct order.

Wish I could see your Post earlier :\

Sam

Paul_Dunlevy
Level 2
Hi Sam, I've just got off the phone to Veritas support who are so perplexed by the problem that they've agreed to refund the cost of the support call. Looks like it's down to sending the tape out to a data recovery agent :(

Thanks for the response anyway,
Paul.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Since you have just got off the support line we assume you have also tried:
- Rename the Catalogs folder.
- Uncheck use media based catalogs in tools|options|catalogs.
- Run the catalog job again and try restoring the data.
Also:
- Did you take the backup using backup exec or some other software?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.