cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogs

Not applicable
Is there a way to copy catalogs from one media server to a different mediaserver and perform a catalog without doing it from tape to save time? I recentlycataloged a tape and it took as long as the actual backup.
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable
Joe wrote:> Is there a way to copy catalogs from one media server to a different media> server and perform a catalog without doing it from tape to save time? I recently> cataloged a tape and it took as long as the actual backup. Stop the BEWS services on both the old and new computerCopy the *.U01 files to the new serverDelete BETOPCAT.IDX in the catalogs directory on the new serverRestart BEWS services

Not applicable
Ken,It worked. It took about 10 minutes before the services would start due tothe amount of catalogs I have (4.6GB). Thanks,JoeKen Putnam wrote:>Joe wrote:>> Is there a way to copy catalogs from one media server to a different media>> server and perform a catalog without doing it from tape to save time?I recently>> cataloged a tape and it took as long as the actual backup. >>Stop the BEWS services on both the old and new computer>Copy the *.U01 files to the new server>Delete BETOPCAT.IDX in the catalogs directory on the new server>Restart BEWS services