cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Catalog Location

Mr_Mister
Level 3
Is changing the Catalog location as easy as:
1.  Move catalog directory to where you want it.
2.  Change location in Tools\Options\Catalog

That's it?  No "gotchas?"

Thank you,
Troy
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Never tried it with v11, but it worked that way for v9x and v10x

Mr_Mister
Level 3
Ken, thanks again!

Samuel_Ayoub
Level 4
Mr. Mister,

I've changed the Catalog location in Backup Exec 11d and it does work the same as in BE 9 & 10.  This is Sammy from Chicago training, glad to hear you made it back home ok.  Talk to you later!

Condog
Level 2
I have replaced my main file server that was running backup exec 11d with a similar box. I reinstalled 11d on the new box without a problem.I copied the catalogs onto the new server and mapped the catalog location in the options tab.
                   Veritas seemed to create folders and move the catalogs into these folders but i can't restore from any of my older tapes as they dont appear in the catalogs.Do i have to copy a database from the old server and bring that across onto the new one aswell as teh catalogs?

Any feedback appreciated

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
if you have not decommissioned the old server yet, the easiest thing is to follow
to migrate our whole install

You have to inventory each tape before the new system knows about the physical volume, even though the it knows from the catalog what data is on that tape. 

Condog
Level 2
Cheers for the reply , I went through that document but we are running backup exec on a san which is being replaced by a new san which is running SSO  so i don't think that document will work.Sorry should have mentioned that in my previous post.

Regards,
Conor