cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning tape issue - Number of mounts

MikePDS
Level 2

Hello all -

At work, we have a client with multiple media cleaning tapes and we recently changed out a cleaning tape with another identical one.  We set the max amount of cleanings to 50 for each tape.  The problem is, when the new tape was inserted, the number of mounts did not change and instead of having 0, it carried over the 50 number of mounts from the previous tape loaded.  My question is, how can I reset this number so that the number of mounts reflects the number of mounts for the specific tape inserted?  I tried to do this by setting the "Cleaning media statistics" but this did not work.  Additionally, all the tapes supposedly have the same barcode, so this could be an issue.  What should I do?  Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Michael

1 REPLY 1

Larry_Fine
Level 6
   VIP   
I suspect the duplicate bar code is the issue.  Can you change to a different bar code?  Even a non-cleaning-media bar code would be fine, especially if you have the cartridge in a dedicated cleaning slot.

You might be able to clear the 50 previous cleaning by simply deleting the cleaning media from the BE database and then letting it get re-dicovered the next time it is used.