cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comparing Data in backup Exec

Crizzo
Level 2
Hello All,

I have a little dilemma, over the last few weeks the company has gone from 2 LOT4 tapes to 3 and I’m finding it hard to see where exactly the increases is coming from. In the past I have used Tree size and taken a snap shot every week but unfortunately the company I work for now doesn’t have this app. I was wondering if there was a way in which I could use Backup Exec 12 to compare 2 Friday Full backups? Like a report? At the moment I’m looking at both the job properties and it very time consuming having to pull the data out manually.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Check under Reports. You will find a report called: Backup Size per Resource. You will be able to compare by copying/pasting your required details into Excel and running a couple of formulas to check the difference.
Hope this helps?

Hemant_Jain
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
You may also want to compare the two job logs, to get details on byte count and size of each resource being backed up. You can get to job log, by going to job monitor and clicking on the job history for the completed jobs.

Crizzo
Level 2
thank you for your replies,

CraigV, the report is for policy based jobs only and donst supply any information when i run it.

Hemant Jain, i was doing as you had sujested but it was very time comsuming. I know that its only of my server that has incressed (file server) but what im trying to find out is which directory.

I would like to know if any has set up there own report to show this data and if so maybe get me some pointer as the one i made did not work.