cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused with Licensing Install on backup exec 2012.

jason_blake
Level 4

Hi.

Im new to backup exec 2012 as have previously used the much older versions. Im a bit confused about the licensing and where to install them. 

Physically we have a backup server and want to backup two remote Servers. One is an exchange Server and the other is an SQL Server. 

I have the License SLF file and corresponding Serial Numbers for Backup Exec 2012 Server and 2 Backup Exec 2012 Agent for Applications and Databases.

and the years support for both items.  The backup exec 2012 server seems to have reverted back to a 60 Day Trial Version. 

Do I have to install the Agent licenses into the Server and then Push the Agent out to the appropriate Physical Server  ?  If I run the Add new serial numbers and remove expired serial numbers option is lists the 4 serial numbers there.

Thanks for any responses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

jason_blake
Level 4

thanks for the reply ZeroCool.

Do I have to also install the 2 Agent for Application and Databases License on this server  ? Does this then allow me to push the Agent out to the appropriate exchange/SQL Server ?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Install the licenses and agents on the Backup Exec Media server. Then push out the agent to the remote server. The BE Agent will determine what is installed (SQL / Exchange) and inform the media server what it is able to backup.