cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Apple Xserve

Patrick_Klages
Level 2
I am using BE 9.0 on a Win 2003 server and trying to backup up files to an Apple Xserve OS 10.4. I have mapped a drive to the Xserve and can create and delete files from the Win box but from within BE I can not create a device. I get the following error "system cannot find the path specified".

I was trying from another Win2000 server and could create the Disk to Disk folders but the backups would always fail. They would go part way, always a different amount of backups would be created, and fail.

If I do a small file it worded fine and restored fine from the other server but the larger nightly backup always failed. On try resulted in 83 or 84 gigs being backed up most others failed at just a few gigs. The Win2000 server only has 1/2 a gig left on the c: and that is why I moved to the Win2003 with more room.

Any ideas?

Thanks
1 REPLY 1

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

if the Apple Xserve Storage device is detected as a drive by the OS, then you can create Backup to Disk Folders with the help of Backup Exec

if the remote Apple XServe is running MAC OS X operating system, you could install the MAC agent

The Backup Exec installs Macintosh and UNIX Agent files are copied automatically during installation from the Backup Exec installation CD to the appropriate subdirectory in Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Agents on the media server.

Also, check if the Configuration is compatible:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/251810

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.