cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection not established

BUUKInfra
Level 3

Hello all,

I'm trying to add a new server to backup exec 15 but keep receiving the attached, only seems to affect this one host as others are fine.

Any help greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited

which type of server are you trying to add? physical, virtual? 

which OS is that server? linux, windows?

and which version of OS? redhat, win2008, ...

Thank you for the reply, the server being added is a Physical server running Windows 2012R2

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6

did you allready try to install the agent manually?

you can find the installation files on the following location of the backupexec server

C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\Agents

RAWS is the remote agent for windows, select the correct version for your server and try to install it directly on the target computer. when finished, don't forget to establish a trust from within the be console

Thank you again for the swift response, i have tried several times to remove and add this server with manual installs.

The server shows up fine in the backup exec console and establishing trust is fine it is when i attempt to establish a connection the error appears. 

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6

if I understand it correctly:

- the agent install is OK.

- the trust is established without issues

can you share the install-log, you can find the log C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Backup Exec\Logs\BKUPINST*.HTM

what do you exactly mean with "when i attempt to establish a connection". do you mean, "creating a backup job"?

That is correct.

Please see attached files, the server sits in the management console displaying connection not established, if i then right click establish connection is when the error comes up.