cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistency Check Hangs Exchange server

Josh_Larsen_2
Level 2
I am running Windows 2003 R2 and Backup Exec 10D on my File server that handles the backups. This server back it self up and 10 other servers on a series of jobs and to my LTO tape library. Backing it self and 9 of the other server up it works great and rarely have any errors. The server that i am having issues with is my Exchange server. The exchange server is a Windows 2003 Ent R3 box with 2003 Exchange Ent installed. It is a dual xeon 3.2 Ghz with 4Gb ram 3 - 15k 75gb hard disks. with about 250 mailboxes. I am running both a full backup of the store and the C drive and then the brick layer of both the mailboxes and public folders. The backup run in the evening to reduce usage and network traffic. It has run successfully for a couple months until a week ago when it started making my Exchange server hang when it started the consistence check before it started backing up the store. It would backup the C drive fine and has no issues till it started the consistency check. I have not received any errors or alerts on the server when it does the. When i cancel the job the Exchange server will become responsive after about 3-4 minutes. I unchecked the "Perform consistency check before backup when using Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service snapshot provider" check box and then backups run fine with no errors.

Can anyone help me correct this issue?

Thanks in advance and sorry for such a long post.

Josh Larsen
1 REPLY 1

Josh_Larsen_2
Level 2
Bump - I am still having this issue. Does anyone have any solutions to my problem

Josh