cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract rate is much to low BE2101 w2k8R2

plorch
Level 2

Hi there,

i have a problem with BE 2010 R2 installed on a W2k8R2 x64. Daily backups are all right, but for the last two weeks, my weekly backup are much to slow. Because of this my weekly backup timetable ends by the first job, cause the contract rate is about 400MB/min. Rate at the daily backup is about 2.500MB/min. Do anybody know what to do in this case?

thanks

Pascal 

6 REPLIES 6

sammy_perfect
Level 5

Hi Pacal,

1 Please verify BE is fully patched up like for BE 2010 r2 all updates must be installed

2 You remote agent on remote computer must be on same level as backup server

3 Do update your tape drivers for that please uninstall existing tape drivers then do power cycle by powering off library & computer & by starting library first & then the server & then reinstall driver for same refer link below

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH17931

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

if his daily rate is 2.500MB/min, do you really think any of these suggestions will solve the weekly problem?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

For your weekly, is there an alert to remove the tape?  if so, the job clock will keep running (and the rate will keep dropping) until you respond to the alert or physically remove the tape

If not,  from looking at the job log, is there any one step that seems to be inordinately slow, or do all the job steps run very slowly

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Check that there are no other housekeeping jobs, like disk defrag, etc, that is running when your weekly job runs.

Also, check that your BE database maintenance job is not running when your weekly job is running.  Go to Tools --> Options --- Database Maintenance.

plorch
Level 2

HY Ken,

no there is no alert to remove the tape. Its is a HP MSL G3 tape-libary, so i hope it will automaticly change the tapes.

I think i found the problem. The fileserver (W2k8 r2) duration is 31h. Is there a possibility to check the connection from fileserver to the backup server?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

If one particular server seems to be running very slowly (what is the job rate reported in the job log?) Verify that Auto-Negotiate is NOT selected in the NIC setup on that server or the switch port that it connects to.  Hard set each end to the highest speed that both ends support

if you just copy a chunk of data between that server and the media server, does that seem slow also?