cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt Files

Adam_Hoover
Level 3
I have a backup job that backs up large files that are not in use. Everytime the job runs it reports that some of the files are corrupt. I have tried running check disk on the drive with no errors reported. I have updated the drivers for my tape changer. I also made sure the backup job was set to not backup files that are in use. I have also run the job on a different tape changer on the same backup server. The exact error is:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000fe36 - Corrupt data encountered. See the job log for details.
Final error category: Resource Errors

The files are files from an oracle hot backup that was scripted outside of backup exec.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam
6 REPLIES 6

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Select the option :"Never", under Open file backup when Advanced Open File Option is not used.

You may refer to following technote for more details:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258696

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Adam_Hoover
Level 3
btt

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi Adam,

Could you please update us on the issue?

Which version of oracle are you using? Do you have the oracle Agent installed on the machine? Is oracle in a cluster? Which are the files that are not being backed up? (Are these Archived log files or control log files or Tablespaces?)

Thanks and regards!

Adam_Hoover
Level 3
It is oracle 7. We are not using the oracle agent because we are using scripts through oracle to backup the datafiles to flat files. The problem is when we attampt to backup the flat files. Hope this helps.

Adam_Hoover
Level 3
BTT

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Does this mean that online backup of Oracle (with Oracle Agent) runs fine and a Offline Backup (Flat file) gives this error ..?

Please elaborate...

Revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri