cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Snaphsot "Another try"

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
Well, I dont seem to be able to figure this out and the other post I made seems to go unanswered so I�ll try to recapitulate what has happend so far... :)

When I go to the CPS console and "create snapshot" nothing seems to happen.

Setup - Backup Destinations - CPA_DEST - rightclick and choose "create snapshot". Thats what I do.

In the propertys it say "0 snapshots".

Retention policy is set to go every 3 hours and to keep a snapshot for each day and 1 for each week for 2 weeks. thats it.

We have 16 jobs running either as "Continues" or "Scheduled". All those jobs are saved at CPA_DEST.

We have 1 TB space on the disk where CPA_DEST is located and the current total amount of data we store on that disk is about 900GB. So we got about 100 GB left on it.

All 16 jobs (but one) have Shadow copy option enabled on the discs we make backups on. The one that dosnt is running win 2000 and thus dosnt have that option.

I have upgraded to servicepack 1 hotfix 1 on the CPS server and hour admin consoles.

The only log I ever found was this: Failed to create snapshot on server 'BKSTO01', volume 'D:\' containing backup destination 'CPA_DEST'.

I really need help on this. When I wanna do restore I can only find the LATEST changed file. Nothing more. It dosnt keep historic data back in time so I actually have to run BE to do incremental backups on the CPS_DEST folders. :(

Any help or hints are welcome.

Regards
Conny
8 REPLIES 8

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
Noone feel like touching this? I promise... I am a nice person and dont bite... ;)

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please refer to the technote given below.

(title) Failed to create snapshot on server '', volume '' containing backup destination '[BackupDestination

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279186

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
Ok, I ve followed the info there and ran VxGather and collected a bunch of logs.

Sadly they are a bit to advanced for me to read through and find anything usefull... atleast at first glance... :)

I will dig down and see if I can find anything in those logs but my guess is I wont find anything...

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Conny,
Let us know if you found something in the logs.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.

Thanks.

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
I?ve been scanning all the logs that I could open and its TONs of information in those. I searched for "error" logs and tried to find anything that could be related to this problem and found absolutley nothing.

I also browsed through them manually but I cant say for sure if its anything there...

bediag.txt
beupdates.txt
scsi.txt
adamm.log
dbrecover.log
dlorecover.log
namesvc.log
ipconfig.txt
drwtsn32.log
errorlog.1
errorlog.3
exception.log
vdi.log

are the files I whent through...

EDIT: Found this log today again...

Failed to create snapshot on server 'BKSTO01', volume 'D:\' containing backup destination 'CPA_DEST'.

http://eventlookup.veritas.com/eventlookup/EventLookup.jhtml?EvtID=V-167-0-1086Message was edited by:
Conny Lindquist

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Could you please mention an error message?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Conny_Lindquist
Level 5
No, not really... I cant find anything except the lines I wrote above...

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Could you please update us on the issue ..

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.