cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating person crashes with .NET error

SyRenity
Level 3

Hi.

When trying to create a person for backup reports and notifications in Backup Exec 12.5, we get the following .NET error:

A severe application error has occurred.

Exception: System.AccessViolationException
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Stack Trace:     at BackupExec.UI.BEDlgs.ConfigureRecipients()
   at BackupExec.UI.MainForm.ba(Command A_0)
   at BackupExec.UIFramework.CommandManager.a(Object A_0, EventArgs A_1)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at BackupExec.UI.MainForm.a(String[] A_0)
   at BackupExec.UI.MainForm.b(String[] A_0)

I updated Backup Exec to service pack (SP4) and hot-fixes via LiveUpdate, but still getting this error.

Any idea how to sort it out, and be able to define contact persons to send email notifications?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you tried repair install of .net or BE ?

SyRenity
Level 3

Not yet, so we need to re-install BE?

AmolB

No need to reinstall BE, perform repair install of .netframework 2.0

SyRenity
Level 3

Any link how to safely do this (and not break other applications on server which depend on NET 2.0)?

AmolB

Repair install of .net will not hamper other applications. Go to add\remove programs,highlight

.netframework 2.0, click on change and then select repair. After repair install reboot the server.

SyRenity
Level 3

Hi.

I tried repairing .NET 2 (change/repair didn't work, so I had to use silent repair as described here:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2009/02/18/9432938.aspx)

I restarted the server, and still got the error. Any idea what else can be done?

Thanks.

SyRenity
Level 3

Hi.

Can anyone advice on the above?

Thanks.