cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cryptic Error Messages

Philippe_Heinri
Level 2
1. What does the following error message mean? This is the result of trying to run a Duplicate job from old backups. The link given leads nowehere:

"Job ended: Monday, March 21, 2005 at 3:51:18 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084e7 - No data error reading from media.
Final error category: Backup Media Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34023"

2. Have all error messages changes since v 9.1? I find that whenever I do a search on one of the dozens of problems and error messages I am experiencing since v10 upgrade, I get zero results, whether I search discussion forum or knowledgebase.

Cheers,
Philippe
2 REPLIES 2

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

This may happen if the old catalogs are not available or corrupt. Ensure that the old backup sets are available and can be used for restore. Perform a test restore and verify the results. If you are able to restore then again try inventoring the tape on which the data was backed up. Perform a catalog operation on that tape. verify the results.

The error codes have not changed. You can search using the Unified logging no (V-79-57344-34023) it will take you to the recommended link for that issue.

We hope this will help.

If the problem still persists then please revert back to us.

Thanks.

Sagar_Kamat_2
Level 6
Please let us know whether our previous response has helped you to resolve the issue. If not, please write to us.