cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cyclic Redundancy Check erro with autoloader... again

Alan_Siu
Level 2
I've noticed that there are plenty of discussion about the ol' Data Error (Cyclic Redundancy Check) CRC failures, and I tried to follow all the advice, but I'm still getting it.

Windows Server 2003
Compaq DDS4 20/40 Autoloader
Adaptec 39160 Ultra160 card
BE 9.1

It appears that I'm the backup would fill one tape, and fail as it goes to another tape. I've had jobs that run 1 tape, and fail, or two or three tapes, then fail. All the tapes will be fulled, so I'm speculating that it's failing as it goes onto the next tape. New tapes, old tapes...

I've read doc 192216, and followed its tips... namely, disabling wide negotiation, 5mb xfer rate, disable "disconnect"...

Is there any additional hotfixes, or is this a possible "timeout" related error?

It does seems to be worst when I am backing up local files versus remote files. I have considered changing to an older SCSI card.
3 REPLIES 3

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi,

Please update the SCSI Drivers and the SCSI Firmware as well.

Hope it helps!

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Alan_Siu
Level 2
Well, the driver for the SCSI card has been updated, and the firmware appears to be the latest version.

I've turned on the "retension tape" option, to see if that buys the drive additional time to load the next tape. Can't say for sure if it works, but I was able to finally make a successful backup that spanned 7 tapes.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

It seems that the problem is resolved please revert if the problem reoccurs to continue the troubleshooting.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.