cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFS backup errors -- Access is Denied

Ken_Wallewein
Level 4
Partner
I'm getting errors trying to backup DFS roots configured on my BE 11D media server:

I have two DFS roots on this server, with multiple shares on each.  Every one of them gets this same error. 

This is my only server with DFS -- I'm using it primarily to virtualize my UNCs so I won't have to redirect clients in case of future server changes.  All of the shares are actually local, and I'm already backing them directly.  The main reason I'm trying to back up the DFS is to record the configuration.  Maybe that's redundant and unnecessary (sic). 

My research indicates that this was a known issue with 10D, especially with multiple DFS roots, but it was apparently resolved with a hotfix, and this is 11D so it shouldn't be an issue.  Besides, no one else has complained about it.

Other details:  I'm using Advanced Open File in automatic mode, backup following junction points, single instance backup is not selected.  The OS is Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64, fully current on updates.  It's a DC.

Oh, and Live Update says I'm fully up to date.

Any ideas?

/kenw

Message Edited by Ken Wallewein on 12-20-2007 04:24 PM
0 REPLIES 0