cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Agent don't back up some files (...continued)

Ivan_Ferrari
Level 3
No response from Support.
Re-post thread:

Hi everybody,
my problem is that 1 PC with DLO Agent installed works correctly with files in "My Document" folder (in C:\ drive) but don't back up files from some folder of D:\ drive.
I've installed every patches from Veritas with "Veritas update" and already re-installed (2 times) the Client DLO Agent.

The problem concerning every type of file (ex.: *.txt, *.xls, *.doc, etc.) and the files are all closed.
It seems to be a problem regarding the indexing of the file changing, in fact when the user creates a new file in "My Document" folder the DLO Agent check and add the file for the next scheduled backup BUT if he do the same in a folder of D:\ drive the Agent doesn't add the file in the "Pending Files".
5 REPLIES 5

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What are the files on the D:\ drive that are not being backed up? Had you moved these files from some other location? Do you get any error message? Since when does the problem occur?
Do elaborate on the above in order to better analyse the problem.

Regards.

Ivan_Ferrari
Level 3
Hello,
1) the files are report in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint and other applications and are contained in folders like D:\Laura1, D:\Laura2, etc.;
2) No, the files were in that folders before the installation of DLO Agent;
3) No error messages, if you modify an existing file or add a new file the Agent doesn't take care of the changes;
4) the problem exist since the first installation of the Agent.

Thanks for help.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Is the D:/ is the fixed or internal drive?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ivan_Ferrari
Level 3
Hello,
the PC is composed by:
1) Win 2k SP4
2) Disk 0 (internal IDE) with C:\ (NTFS format)
3) Disk 1 (internal IDE) with D:\ (NTFS format)

Thanks

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

You can try perfororming the following steps:-

To resolve this issue:

1. Open Start | Settings | Control Panel | Administrative Tools | Services
2. Stop the VERITAS Backup Exec DLO Agent Change Journal Reader Service
3. Start the VERITAS Backup Exec DLO Agent Change Journal Reader Service
4. Right-click on the DLO Agent icon in the system tray and open the DLO Agent Console
5. Select File | Exit (simply clicking the red X will only minimize the tool)
6. Open a new instance of the DLO Agent. Click Start | Programs | VERITAS Software Backup Exec DLO | DLO Agent.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Plesae update us on this issue.