cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Questions

John_Leaver_2
Level 3
Hello

I'm using Backup Exec 10.1 with the DLO option, i've applied the DLo hotfix 30. All 200 users are on version 133B58A.

The problems i'm having are:

1) I've created groups that are able to run the DLO. These are based on either user or PC. Problem is when users log into other PC's they create more accounts on the DLO server which eventually create alerts after 7/14/28 days. What i want to be able to do is backup a specific PC when a specific user logs in - preventing lot's of additional DLO accounts being created. IS this possible? if so how?

2) All users user an admin set profile. When they shut down there PC's they have an option to backup. If they choose yes or no they are then asked what do you want to do log off/reboot or shut down. is there anyway of removing this as users. I want the users to get the option to backup on shutdown but NOT be asked again want they want to do shut down/log off/reboot. Is this possible? if so how?

3) i have a user who when logs into her PC gets a "Failed to connect to the Media server" - and asking for a user name and password. When she puts her details in she connects fine, but each time she starts the pc she get's the same "Failed to connect to the Media server". She has network access and permissions on the DLO server. I've uninstalled and reinstalled her DLO client - still the same. I could delete her user id and pc on the DLO server but rather not as i don't want to loose her backed up data. Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks,
1 REPLY 1

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer to the following DLO Admin Guide

http://support.veritas.com/docs/279401

Thanks,