cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO agent authentication

David_Freshly
Level 3
I am having trouble getting a laptop client to authenticate. When this user logs on to windows, they get the dialog box for Username, password and domain for the backup server. After entering the info, it comes right back to the dialog box. We can log in with the administrator username and password and I can log in with my username and password which both are full admins on the domain and the backup will run so I know the agent is working. This is a test server to run version Backup Exec 9.1 with service pack 4a and this is the first client to test. Our regular server is Backup Exec 9.1 with service pack 1 and we have no dialog boxes for clients and have not had any problems with users appearing on our console. This person is an administrator of his own laptop. I have added this user through the console by selecting from the browse function in add user but it still will not work. Has something changed in Service pack 4a for authentication? We were hoping the Service pack 4a would clear up an assortment of other problems on our regular server. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
2 REPLIES 2

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
The settings are all the same for SP4a. Please check if the user is added and the profile created properly on the new DLO server.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool

David_Freshly
Level 3
As I stated in my first post, I have added the user correctly and the profile works for administrator and for my logon. So I still need an answer and just because the settings are the same does not mean that the program works in the same way for authentication. Why would it ask for username, domain and password when it never asked for this info on our production server with more than 20 users????