cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO incremental pst not working correctly

smithmich
Level 4
We have BE 11d and are going to use DLO on 800+ Windows XP computers. Our users are configured to store their .pst files on the D:\ diive in a data folder: (Path: D:\Data\user name\outlook.) Durring testing, when DLO backs them up it performs a full backup each time they close Outlook 2003 and a few using Outlook 2007. When I configured Outlook with the .pst file in my local settings it worked correctly.
Is there a way to configure DLO to do incremental backups of the .pst files on the D: drive.

Thanks,
Michael
5 REPLIES 5

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi Michael,

Here is a technote that may help you.

Patty

smithmich
Level 4
Thanks Patty,
I have been through all the documentation and have read that. After much testing I have DLO backing up PST files incremental with Outlook 2003 in the directory of my choice. With outlook 2007 PST files are ignored because DLO says they are not configured in Outlook. If I un check that setting in DLO then they are backed up completely when Outlook 2007 closes and create another copy ion the server. This is not acceptable since some users, like myself, open and close Outlook several times a day. I'm keeping 5 revisions of files and after a day or so I am now overwriting old versions which means I can not recover something deleted from a PST after a few days.
Is there something I can do to make DLO work correctly with Outlook 2007? We plan on deploying it campus wide in the spring. If DLO does not support Outlook 2007 we may need to adjust our plans.

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Let me find out for you.
I should have an answer tomorrow morning.

Patty

smithmich
Level 4
Patty, or anyone,
Did you find any info about DLO not backing up PST files incrementally in Outlook 2007?
It was telling me the PST file is not configured in Outlook 2007. I found something in the BE 10 forum about running that agent in a computer with Enterprise Manager installed. This test computer does have that on it. The suggestion was to stop the agent and run fixmapi. I did that and DLO 11d did backup the PST but it does not notice changes to the file. It never modifies the backed up file or even create a new copy.
As a side question, what does fixmapi do?

OLCC
Level 2
Hi.

Does any solution has been found to this situation.

I'm having the exact same issue, all works well in outlook 2003, incremental backup and also backups while Outlook is open.
In outlook 2007 the agent does not backup the .pst while outlook is open. The incremental update is not working and when i activate the checkbox "Ignore PST files wich has not been configured in Outlook", the agent stops from backing up completely the pst files saying they "were skiped because they were not configured in outlook".

I need a solution for this situation so that symantec Backup Exec can be viable to my company.

I'm currently using Backup Exec 12.5 SP2 and up to date.

Thnks,
Oscar