cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO makes client machine extremely slow.

neesad_subba
Level 3
Hi I have backup exec for windows server, with DLO. I have installed DLO agent on all the client machine, and I scheduled it to run on 1:00 pm. After two days employees started complaining me about slow performance of the machine. I disabled the backup task, and things was okay.

I am a noob with this software and I do not know how to deploy it effeciently, so that it does not suck up much of the system resources.

I have set the default profile properties shown in the following link and all my users are desktop users.
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/539/dlo8od.jpg
5 REPLIES 5

neesad_subba
Level 3
I am stuck on this please some help me or suggest me some tutorials or whitepaper.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Is there any Anti Virus running on the machine?

-- Kindly try to stop all the third party services and then check..

Thank You,

Shweta

neesad_subba
Level 3
Hi,
Thank you for the response. I am using symantec corporate edition 10.1 antivirus. Real time scan is always running on all the machines other that that I am not using any third party antivirus software.

I will disable the antivirus and give a try.

Thanks.
Nishad Subba.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Could you please Update us on the issue?

Thank You,

Shweta

neesad_subba
Level 3
Hi.
I am sorry could not respond you early. hey I disabled the antivirus but still clients are respinding slow. is it due to the bandwidth consumption. should I change the "Limit Bandwidth (KB/sec)" under "User Bandwidth Settings" form 1500 to some lower value?

Please suggest.