cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO multple users on one computer

John_McNeilly
Level 3
We store some data in the c:\data directory on each pc and back this directory up. This directory can contain 20Gb of data in it. Mostly only one person users a pc, but sometimes another user may logon to that pc. Is there any way to stop the DLO from backing up the data directory for each user that logs on and only backing it up for the main user of the computer without having to use a blank profile?
6 REPLIES 6

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you selected the c:\data in backup selections?

Other users are also using the same selection list?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

John_McNeilly
Level 3
Others users are using the same selection list and when they log on the C:\data directory is backed up again under their username, so there is two copies of the same directory under two usernames.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Create a new profile or in the existing profile properties check the option" Modify the backup selections " and then verify.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

John_McNeilly
Level 3
Hi,

I have got the backup selections checked. What I want to do is have the data directory backed up but only by the main user of the pc. If another user logs on I don't want the data directory backed up but when that users logs on to their pc I do want the data directory backed up. Is there any way to associate a user to a pc?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello John,

For this you need to create a seperate Profile and associate the user to that Profile.

For example:- Create a profile named "Profile1", selecting the desired backup selections. Then Associate "Profile 1" with a user (User1). Now, when user1 logs into DLO server, it will receive backup selections defined in profile 1.

To carry out steps to create a profile we would suggest you please refer to Admin Guide for Backup Exec 9.1

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 9.1 for Windows Servers Administrator's Guide (English)

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/263944.htm

Please refer to page # 1193- setting up DLO profile,
Also refer to page # 1198- Adding up backup selections.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

John_McNeilly
Level 3
Hi,

The main problem I have is that when I create the profile to backup the data directory it will backup the data directory on any pc that the user logs onto. I only want it to backup the data directory on the users main pc. For example if user 1's main pc is pc1 then it will backup the data directory, but if user 1 logs onto pc2 then the data directory will be backed up. I don't want user1 to have the data directory on pc2 backed up. Is there any way I can stop user1 from backing up the data directory on pc2, but still back it up on pc1?