cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO path lenght question

Steven_Andrade
Level 4
Hello,

I have a user that has paths nearly reaching 255 char. Now when these files are being backup with DLO, they get copied to a local and network place. When I go to either location where these files were backed up and do a right click and properties I only see 5,500 files and 1.5GB when it should be reading 6,3423 files at 2.9GB. I know all the files are there as I can navigate to then and restore then, but doing a right click and properties does not show me all the files, I notice that DLO adds something to the front of the file name which now pushes it over 255 char.

Now I have tried before to create paths longer than 255 char and get an error with Windows, my question is how is DLO able to do that and will this cause any effect on the backups? Now it is working fine, but it does not give me confidence that one day it will stop backing up those files.

Thanks,
2 REPLIES 2

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
hello,

There are no known issues so far while performing DLO backups .

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.