cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO restore issue

Patrick_Sulliva
Level 2
When I restore the files, they go onto the computer, but won't open. Looking at the files in the DLO restore list, I see they have red x's on the icons. What does this mean???
5 REPLIES 5

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Red Xs on files indicate that the file has been deleted on the source disk

For example, the file C:\documents and settings\administrator\mydocuments\Exchange\registry.veritas.txt was backed up with the Desktop and Laptop Option (DLO) and at some later date that file was deleted from the disk. DLO will recognize that the file has been deleted and mark it as such in the restore view. It can also occur on the client when the DLO Admin server is offline.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Patrick_Sulliva
Level 2
How do I restore the data? When I try to restore it, the files don't open.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

From which location are you trying to restore the file?
If it is locally ie:ludf(local user data folder) and if you find red cross then check on the nudf (netword user data folder) if it is the same on NUDF then to restore have you taken a backup of nudf using Backup Exec?

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.Message was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh

Patrick_Sulliva
Level 2
The local file no longer exists. I restored from a backup, but the red x's are still there (on the network user data file) when I go to restore the file.

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Are you getting any errors during restore?

Apply service pack 2:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275247.htm

Also check this TN:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/263742

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.