cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory folder not found

RL_BEAdmin
Level 2

Every week I get this error, since upgrading to BE 2014:

\\SELMA.rl.int\C:\Windows\SYSVOL\sysvol\rl.int\DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory was not found, or could not be accessed.

I've looked at the other threads, and they all reference windows upgrades.  This was/is a clean install of Windows 2008 R2.  This is, however, an upgrade from BE 2010 R3 to 2014.  This has been a problem every since the upgrade.  I've tried 'excluding' the file from the backups, but it still errors.  I guess it has to find it to exclude it.  I can find the directory, is't there, just hidden (RHSD) , with permisions that dont include the BE service account and exclude 'List Folders' and 'Read' permisons to domain administrators and SYSTEM.  This is on the same machine BE is installed on, so Media Server and secondary Domain Controller

Is this as simple as adding Read and List Files and Folders to SYSTEM.  I'm hesitant to add the backup service account, but that seems logical too.  Thoughts?

Dan

1 REPLY 1

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

You can certainly try giving sufficient permissions and check if the backup is successful or not. If not, you could try the following:-

1) Try this KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH125651

Additionally, verify the path in the registry is correct.

2) Recreate the backup job.

3) Add the exclusions for DO_NOT_REMOVE_NtFrs_PreInstall_Directory to the backup job. How exactly did you add the exclusion earlier ?

4) Does a backup using the native Windows backup utility complete successfully ?