cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Element corrupt error With Exchange 2003

Tim_Sonberg
Not applicable
Have a problem getting this job to go successful. Everywhere I read the only Veritas docs say that it's a conflict between the Exchange Writer and Exchange Agent running at the same time.
However when i look at my selections list for the job
Under
Shadow copy service the only objects selected are system state and service state...NOT User data

also MS Information Store is alos selected

here are the details of the report...

Any Suggestions???

Job Completion Status:

Job ended: Thursday, December 15, 2005 at 11:13:50 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xa0008488 - Access is denied.

Final error category: Security Errors

Errors:
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup - \\WWWWS2\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Sara Friedman Top of Information StoreInboxRe: Travis Corp/ Wickman Construction.
Database or database element is corrupt

Exceptions:
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log
Backup - \\WWWWS2\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes The item \\WWWWS2\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Sara Friedman Top of Information StoreInboxŒ〰〰〰〰㝡㘷㜹㐳㉢㠸㈵㠴㍢㘶ㅥ昴㝤晡㠸㝡㜰〰㍣攴㜲捦晢戴㑡昴㑢㥡㜷散ㅥ㤴慣昹〰〰〰㔰㙦㈱〰〰㍣攴㜲捦晢戴㑡昴㑢㥡㜷散ㅥ㤴慣昹〰〰㄰〰㈳㐱〰〰Re: Travis Corp/ Wickman Construction in use - skipped.
WARNING: "\\WWWWS2\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\Tim Sonberg Top of Information StoreDeleted ItemsŒ〰〰〰〰㜵攰〱㝡㕢搷挱挴㕡晣〰㘹㈲㌵换攳㜰〰㍣攴㜲捦晢戴㑡昴㑢㥡㜷散ㅥ㤴慣昹〰〰㄰搰㥡ㄸ〰〰㍣攴㜲捦晢戴㑡昴㑢㥡㜷散ㅥ㤴慣昹〰〰㄰攰愸㈲〰〰FL PLAY TO WIN CSR" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
1 REPLY 1

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please check if the following technote applies

(title) Backups of Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 fail with: "Error, Unable to open \ because it is currently being backed up by another process. Database or database element is corrupt

http://support.veritas.com/docs/270459

Stop antivirus service during the Backup and verify results

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.