cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database was not found and could not be backed up

KaiV
Not applicable
Hello Guys, following problem. Windows Server 2008 Backup Exec 2010 with Exchange Agent Exchange Server 2007 Agent installation runs succesfully and i configured a backup job but every time it runs for about a minute and then the backup job fail with the following reason. "Database was not found and could not be backed up. Please make sure database exists and is mounted." but the database is mounted. the Server is reachable and everything looks fine.....after uninstall the agent from the exchange agent i tryed to reinstall it via push-install (first installation was also via push) and i get an error that the server is unreachable......but it is. than i installed the agent manualy on the exchange server but when i run the backup job again i get the same error message as before "Database was not found and could not be backed up. Please make sure database exists and is mounted." i readed many symantec support articles but no one of these solve my problem.. Anybody have an idea?? a solution ?? Thanks in advance. KaiV
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Kai,

This would normally happen if there was a DB that no longer existed. If you went into your selection list, and switched to text view, it would show the DB mentioned as having failed. You would then simply delete it from there, and your backups would succeed.
IN this case, it seems like your agent might be corrupt, or your licensing isn't correct. I would suggest the following:

1. Restarting the RAWS agent on your server (assuming it is a remote server), and checking to make sure it is publishing to your backup media server.
2. Check to make sure your license is installed. Help --> About --> License Information.
3. If that fails, look at uninstalling the Remote Agent, and then do a push-install again.

I take it your permissions to the server and Exchange are correct?

Laters!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Hi Kai,

This would normally happen if there was a DB that no longer existed. If you went into your selection list, and switched to text view, it would show the DB mentioned as having failed. You would then simply delete it from there, and your backups would succeed.
IN this case, it seems like your agent might be corrupt, or your licensing isn't correct. I would suggest the following:

1. Restarting the RAWS agent on your server (assuming it is a remote server), and checking to make sure it is publishing to your backup media server.
2. Check to make sure your license is installed. Help --> About --> License Information.
3. If that fails, look at uninstalling the Remote Agent, and then do a push-install again.

I take it your permissions to the server and Exchange are correct?

Laters!

CraigV
Any news here Kai?