cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dedup (to disk) verify takes over 24 hours to complete.

FreqParagon
Not applicable

I am running Backup Exec 2012 on Windows Server 2008 with a Central Administration Server and one media server.  I run deduplication (to disk) jobs on all servers being backed up.  The actual deduplication job takes about an hour, but the verify process takes between 18 and 37 hours for each job. The average rate if the verify is 64MB/min with is very slow compared to the actual backup job verify which runs at an average of 3,000-5,000MB/s. Sometimes the dedup verify jobs stack up causing the media server to sometimes lock up. I usually have to cancel the jobs at the CAS end to get things working correctly.

Here is the way things are setup:

CAS with 2TB storage - 16GB RAM (Server is virtualized with Citrix and the storage on internal 15K drives)

Media server with 2TB storage - 16GB RAM (Server is virtualized with Citrix and storage on 10K internal drives)

The network has a 500MB/s speed up and down between sites. I've have network traffic monitoring by Solar Winds on both ends. I show no abnormal traffic patterns when the jobs are running.  Any thoughts and/or advice is welcome.I attached a screenshot of the backup job I'm dealing with this morning.

1 REPLY 1

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Have you set the option to verify straight after the job completes, or as a separate job once the job finishes completely? From what I remember, it was advised to have a separate Verify job linked to the dedupe job, and not select that option as part of the dedupe job.

Thanks!