Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduplication folder not aviable after reinstall dedup-option

blackpanther83
Level 3

Hello,

i hope, you can help me.

I had some problems with BackupJobs which use as target the Dedup-folder. After installing some Hotfixes, Servicepacks and migrate to BE 2010 R3 there was no change to the first problem. So i decide to  uninstall and reinstall the deduplication-soption.

But now the dedup-folder is not shown at devices and jobs with dedup-folder as target cant  run.

Only if you have a look at dedup-backuped servers in the device-tab can you see the dedup-folder.  If i do a rightclick at the dedup-folder, i see  'Active' and 'online' are marked as active..

The services postgresql-8.3 and Backup Exec Deduplication Engine (spoold) doen't start.

- Backup Exec Deduplication Engine (spoold) with the error:  Service cant start,  Error 1. incorrect Function

- postgresql-8.3  with error: Service couldnt start. Error 1053: service didnt start  - timeout.

I don't want to loose the dedup-files!

What can i do?

thanks for helping me

1 REPLY 1

Simon_B_
Level 6
Partner Accredited

You can enable debug logging of the dedup folder as described in this technote: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH136441

However this will generate quite a lot of large logs and they might not be self-explanatory. So the best you probably can do is log a case with symantec support.