cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Backup Set (Expire) not possible - Server Application Error

JuergenB
   VIP   

Hi,

i have the trial installation installed and migrated my old BE 2012 server.

After some testing, everything looks fine, but i am not able to delete some of the old Disk Storage based data.

I can select some Backup Sets, i can expire these sets, but they are not removed.

If i try to catalog the BS i receive a error message.

Server Application Error

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Server stack trace:
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at BackupExec.UI.Model.Connection.EndPerformCatalogImage(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at BackupExec.UI.ViewModel.BackupSetCommands.cmdCatalogBackupSet_Executed(Object sender, WPFCommand wpfCommand)

any idea?

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Unforunately this is a problem with the BEDB that will need a support case.

Note: This might not be a 2014 issue as it may have existed in BE 2012 prior to the migration and in effect the error condition has then also been migrated.

JuergenB
   VIP   

Hi,

i am not sure but the backup was done under BE 2014.

I had a working installation with BE 2012 and had a working migration to BE 2014.
And 10 days later i had to reinstall  BE 2014 on the same Hardware, only new OS.

The reinstall for BE 2014 to BE 2014 had some problems,
the symantec whitepaper instrustions did not work as described.

So i had to do some trial and error migration steps ,
as symantec is not supporting customers evaluation Backup Exec ...

Besides that, i was able to reset the trial period at the reinstallation on the new OS cheeky