cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting a Job using 2005 Management Studio

Robert_Main
Level 3
Anybody have a clue how to delete a job from the SQL database using 2005 Management Studio? I can go into Tables\Jobs and find the job listed and right click it and there is an option to delete it, but that seems too easy. I suspect there are "hooks" for/from it everywhere and I don't want to mess up the database. If I try to delete the job in Backup Exec it says that I have to delete from a policy that no longer exists.

Thanks,
Bob
3 REPLIES 3

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Robert,

Unfortunately editing the BEDB isn't a process to be taken lightly and not typically documented publicly due to the severe complications that could arise if a mistake is made.

To resolve the problem you have experienced you will need to open a support case.

If you want additional information on the issue you can review the technote below.

Document ID: 284077
Jobs are not running any more after making changes to jobs created by a policy and jobs still present after having done "Delete jobs created by policy", followed by unable to delete a job created by the policy.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/284077

Robert_Main
Level 3
Read 284077.htm the other day and it doesn't help. The policy that the job belonged to no longer exists. I thought that deleting the policy would delete the job, but it didn't. When I tried to create a replacement policy BE wouldn't let me because the new backup job would have the title of the existing one (the one I wanted to get rid of). So I renamed the existing one and put it on Hold. Then I was able to create a working policy to replace the one I had deleted and all is fine, except for this one job that claims to be tied to a policy that doesn't exists.

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
I do understand what you're saying; you just want to get those jobs removed, that is clear and understandable.

The technote explains how a person can get into the position in which you have found yourself. It also says, at the bottom, to contact support.

The reason you would want to open a support case is so that a BE support technician can remove the jobs from the correct tables.