cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Agent fails

Miguel_Chica
Level 3
I have installed Desktop and Laptop Agent (Backup Exec 10d version) on any laptops used by roaming users.

When those users are out of office, they have experimenting errors after logon in their windows xp sessions. The desktop agent informs that the access to the backup server is denied. After click Ok, the message disappear but Desktop Agent isn't load in offline mode

This only happens when the laptop is connected in a network with no visibility of backup server.
7 REPLIES 7

Shraddha_Dhaval
Level 6
Hi Miguel,

This happens if there is any connectivity issue or communication problem between DLO Admin Console and DLO Agent or Client.

To troubleshoot this issue please follow the below steps:

From DLO Admin Console, select profile for that user and go to prop , select schedule ,select auto backup when logging on and off.

This should resolve your problem.

Thanks.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ?assumed answered? and would be moved to ?answered questions? pool.Message was edited by:
Shraddha Dhavale

Miguel_Chica
Level 3
I'm sorry, I think that I hasn't explained my problem correctly.

The remote users only connect to the internal network few times a day through a VPN. The rest of time, they are offline or connected in their home networks. In the last case, the DLO Agent fails.

This is the scenario:

1. The user plug-in the network cable to the laptop connected to his home network.
2. He start his laptop
3. Appear the CTRL+ALT+SUPR
4. The user enter his username and password.
5. After logon appear an error message informing that access is denied to the backup server.

All users have DHCP configured.

Evidently, when they are on the home network hasn't any visibility with the backup server. Only when they established the vpn network through internet, they can see the backup server.

I think the Desktop Agent has a bug, because in my case, the Desktop Agent should open in offline mode.

Miguel_Chica
Level 3
I hope that this post will be answered anyday. I will pray for that. :(

Miguel_Chica
Level 3
I have activated Automatically back up when logging on and Automatically backup up when logging off.

This action shouldn't fix resolve the problem.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,
-Can you please paste the exact error message here ...

Refer the technote for further Info :
http://support.veritas.com/docs/280675

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Miguel_Chica
Level 3
Yes, here is the error.

"No se pudo inicializar la carpeta de datos de usuario en la red"

Access denied (ESBADB001)

I believe that I must affect that this single error takes place when any laptop with Desktop Agent installed is connected to a separated network, and in principle, not connected to where the backup server is located. So, the solution offered to bypass a firewall configuration could not be applied.

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

- Could you please explain us what the exact error message is :

"No se pudo inicializar la carpeta de datos de usuario en la red"

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.